Thank you for joining us at our 31st Annual Professional Seminar.
2024 date to be announced in the new year.
CFWNC’s 31st Annual Professional Seminar will focus on recent developments in audits and case law related to the creation and maintenance of family entities. Stephanie Loomis-Price, an estate planning and probate lawyer, will present information about feasibility of partnerships, advising clients on proper entity formation and operation, and optimizing partnership maintenance to minimize IRS attacks. She will also explore the similarities and differences among value adjustment clauses, price adjustment clauses, defined value clauses and their subtypes: traditional defined values clause, defined allocation clause, defined value disclaimer, fractional formula transfer clause, fixed value clauses, and fixed purchase price clauses.
Date: Tuesday, May 9, 2023
Location: Doubletree by Hilton Asheville - Biltmore, 115 Hendersonville Rd, Asheville, NC 28803
8:00am - 9:00am Registration and Breakfast Buffet
9:00am - 12:15pm Seminar
Continuing education credit is approved or pending approval for the following.
- NC State Bar, Board of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) – Approved for 3.0 hours CLE (General).
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP) - Approved for 3.5 hours. Sponsor ID #3367; Program ID 312329
- NC Department of Insurance (11 NCAC 06A.0809) (ICEC) - Approved for 3.0 hours NC Insurance.
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) - ABA Professional Certifications is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry. Partnering Partnerships and Community Foundations – Defining Defined Value Transactions and Preparing for IRS Audits has been approved for 3.75 credits. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor.
- CFRE International (CFRE) - Approved for 3.0 points. Full participation in Partnering Partnerships and Community Foundations – Defining Defined Value Transactions and Preparing for IRS Audits is applicable for 3.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
- NC State Board of CPA Examiners (CPE) is available for self-reported credits. For NC licensed CPAs, this course is intended to meet the requirements of 21 NCAC 08G .0400.