Leveraging the power of collective giving, Women for Women makes high-impact grants to improve the lives of women and girls in our region. Since 2006, Women for Women has given more than $4.7 million to 59 organizations that help women and girls in our 18-county region.
In our efforts to support and enhance the lives of women and girls, we consider the intersecting negative impacts of poverty, violence, racism, sexism, ableism, and other systemic sources of injustice.
We commit to continual listening and critical reflection on our grantmaking, advocacy, and communication, and we strive toward purposeful action to ensure alignment between our values and practices.
Already a member?
How Women for Women works:
- Members commit to a tax-deductible gift of $1,200 per year for three years.
- Members learn about regional issues affecting women and girls and make high-impact grants that help disadvantaged women.
- Each member has a voice and a vote in how funds are distributed.
- The level of participation in group activities is totally flexible and determined by your interest level and availability.
- Members with the time and interest are welcome to join one of our committees.
- You can also encourage philanthropy in others by Giving the Gift of Membership through sponsorship of a new member.
The expertise and guidance of key leaders and organizations is sought in Women for Women’s research, grantmaking and educational activities. As a result, each member becomes a more inspired and informed philanthropist.
In August 2020, giving circle members completed a Strategic Planning process, to define Women for Women's roadmap for the next three years. Read a summary of the Strategic Plan.
Women for Women is a member of Philanos, a national network that serves to catalyze the movement of women-powered philanthropy by connecting women’s collective giving grantmaking organizations.
"Women for Women brings together competent and compassionate women who assist Western North Carolina women and girls in achieving their potential.”
— Jennie Eblen, founding member 2005
To learn more about the Women for Women giving circle, contact Amanda Frick Keiser at 828-367-9919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.