What Are The Advantages?
- You can make a bequest at any time and at any age by adding to your existing will or drafting a new one.
- You can contribute to an existing fund or create a new named fund of any type.
- Your gift is excluded from estate taxes.
- Your intent for the purpose of your fund and grantmaking are honored by The Community Foundation forever.
- Our professional staff handles all the details of establishing and operating the fund created or endowed by your gift.
- Your gift continues to grow when you create an endowed fund. Endowment funds use only investment income for grantmaking, preserving and growing the principal as a permanent source of charitable capital.
Your bequest can include cash, appreciated stocks, property or other assets. Retirement plan accounts are particularly attractive for bequests, since heirs would otherwise be taxed on the income.
A bequest is a gift designated in your will. Upon death, that gift is transferred from your estate to The Community Foundation.