Ways to publicize our support
We encourage grantees to publicize CFWNC grants. Identifying CFWNC as a source of support lends credibility to our collective efforts. You can publicize our support in a number of ways:
- Mention the grant support in your organization’s materials. When doing so, please use the following language: Funding provided (or funded in part) by a grant from The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina. (Note that the “t” in “The” is capitalized.)
- Create a link on your website to The Community Foundation. By including a link to our website, you help increase traffic to both our sites. You can also include the Foundation’s logo on your website, when appropriate.
- Issue a news release to the media. Remember to tell your story through the people you help and the impact you have on your community. Adding photos to your stories and articles will add interest.
- Include the Foundation’s name and logo on signs or plaques that recognize donors at your events or facilities.
- Support The Community Foundation’s marketing efforts through the following: submit stories of success and photos of your organization and/or work. When submitting photos, please send one or two high-resolution images that best show your work, plus a brief description that may be used in our print and electronic newsletters, annual report or donor engagement pieces.
Our Name and Organizational Description
Please use “The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina” when referring to the organization. When including a description, please use the following:
The Community Foundation is a nonprofit serving eighteen counties in Western North Carolina. The Foundation is a permanent regional resource that facilitated $20 million in charitable giving last year. CFWNC inspires philanthropy and mobilizes resources to enrich lives and communities in Western North Carolina.
If Your Grant Was Made by One of Our Affiliates
If your organization has received a grant from one of our nine affiliates, please list the funding source this way:
Funding for this program was provided by (name of affiliate), an affiliate fund of The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina. The (name of affiliate) is an endowment created to support the charitable needs of our community.
Take advantage of opportunities to capture and share appealing images using this guide. CFWNC features grant recipients in our printed publications, on our website and on our Facebook page. Please share your images with us. With advance notice, we can often arrange to attend events or visit programs.
We encourage you to use our logo where suitable. Please let us know how you plan to use the logo so we can provide you with the proper digital version. For a copy of our logo, questions or assistance please contact Diane Crisp, Grants Manager.
What else works?
- Consider opportunities to share your success and thank your donors again.
- Did a small grant leverage more funds?
- Did a pilot program launch a new initiative?
- Your current funders are your best source for future grants, so help us keep your organization in the spotlight by continually making the connection between your great work and the investment from The Community Foundation.
- Social media is especially appropriate to celebrate end-of-grant success. If you put something on your website, send us the link and we will share it.