CFWNC’s 30th Annual Professional Seminar will focus on the retirement accounts and planning optimal outcomes for family and charitable objectives. Christopher Hoyt, Professor of Law at University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law will inform on the common situations faced by estate planners when handling retirement assets for first and second marriages, solutions to common obstacles, and legal requirements for IRA or 401(k) assets payable to children from a prior marriage. He will also inform on how to plan for the end of the inherited stretch IRA, including: describing the various provisions of the SECURE Act and how they will affect taxpayers, analyze the new rules for liquidating inherited retirement accounts, provide advice on changes that may be needed to existing trust documents, and examining the circumstances where naming a tax-exempt charitable remainder trust as the beneficiary of a retirement account will provide favorable tax outcomes. The program will summarize the best way to get savings from charitable gifts under current tax laws, including “bunching gifts,” using appreciated stock and making donations from an IRA.
Continuing education credit is approved or pending approval for the following.
- NC State Bar, Board of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) - Approved for 3.0 hours CLE (General).
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP) - Approved for 3.5 hours. Sponsor ID #3367; Program ID #300489.
- NC Department of Insurance (11 NCAC 06A.0809) (ICEC) - Approved for 3.0 hours Insurance.
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) - ABA Professional Certifications is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry. This course has been approved for 3.75 CTFA credits. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor. Certification holders must report these credits at aba.csod.com.
- CFRE International (CFRE) - Approved for 3.0 hours CE.
- NC State Board of CPA Examiners (CPE) is available for self-reported credits. For NC licensed CPAs, this course is intended to meet the requirements of 21 NCAC 08G .0400.
Bay Point Wealth Management
Beacon Pointe Advisors
Begley Law Firm, P.A.
Colton Groome Financial
Davis Financial Planning
Deutsch & Gottschalk, P.A.
DHG Wealth Advisors LLC
First Citizens Wealth Management
Garlock & McKinney, P.C.
Gilreath Shealy Law, PLLC
Goldsmith Molis & Gray PLLC
Gould Killian CPA Group, P.A.
Kenneth Youngblood, Attorney
Little and Lattimore, P.A.
McGuire, Wood & Bissette, P.A.
Parsec Financial Management, Inc.
Patla, Straus, Robinson & Moore, P.A.
R. Walton Davis III P.A.
Roberts & Stevens, P.A.
Strauss Attorneys, PLLC
The Van Winkle Law Firm
Ward and Smith, P.A.
Worley, Woodbery & Associates, PA