As we enter the holiday season and the close of 2016, CFWNC is ready to help you with your year-end giving and grantmaking. So that we can provide the best possible service, we are sharing our end-of-year deadlines. Please note these important dates:
- Gifts may be made to any fund through the website. Use the Give Now button (top right). Indicate the fund to receive your gift in the menus or in the text box under "Is your gift for a fund not listed above?"
- Gifts of appreciated securities should be made by Wednesday, December 28, 2016. Contact Jennifer Sadler or call 828-367-9918 for assistance. To properly account for your gift, CFWNC needs to know the type of security, number of shares and date of transfer.
- Credit card gifts should be made by Thursday, December 29, 2016, to ensure timely posting by the credit card company.
- Checks sent via FedEx must be physically received on or before December 31, 2016.
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to CFWNC must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2016.
- On Friday, December 30, 2016, CFWNC's offices will be open through 5:00 p.m.
For CFWNC to accept a gift made by check, the check must be payable to "CFWNC" or to "The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina." The fund's name may appear on the check's memo line or in a separate transmittal letter.
For grant recommendations
If you want a grant from your donor advised fund to reach the recommended charity by December 31, please recommend the grant by Monday, December 12. We will make every effort to process grant recommendations received after this date. If it's imperative that an organization receive a grant by year-end, please make your recommendation as early as possible.
The timing of donor advised grants has no effect on 2016 charitable income tax deductions because your charitable contribution was complete when assets were contributed to your donor advised fund.
If you have any other question, contact our development department for assistance.