May 4, 2016
8:00 a.m. Welcome and Breakfast Buffet
9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Seminar
Lioncrest at Biltmore
Cost: $110; $120 after April 29
"There's a Way to Give That Away: Creative Charitable Planning for All Kinds of Assets"
Featuring: Bryan K. Clontz, CFP®, CLU, ChFC, CAP, AEP
A thorough understanding of charitable planning techniques is critical when assisting affluent donors and clients with charitable giving and tax planning. How would you help a client who wants to donate a painting, horse or beach house to charity? Non-cash assets, such as real estate, closely-held stock and collectibles, are estimated to be a $40 to $60 trillion market, yet non-cash assets represent less than 2% of all charitable gifts. This seminar will demonstrate how to maximize clients' deductions through assets such as real estate, privately held C corporations, S corporations, LLCs, limited partnerships and other unique assets. This highly interactive session will employ case studies to illuminate the key points for professional advisors.
Bryan is founder and President of Charitable Solutions, LLC, specializing in non-cash asset receipt and liquidation, gift annuity reinsurance brokerage, gift annuity risk management consulting, emergency assistance funds and life insurance appraisals and audits. He is also the founder of the Dechomai Foundation, Inc., the Dechomai Asset Trust and The Emergency Assistance Foundation, Inc. Bryan is a nationally recognized expert on charitable gift planning, insurance, financial services and community foundations. Read more about Bryan's experience and expertise.
Continuing education credit (3 hours) is approved or pending for the following. Credits will be confirmed at the event.
- NC State Bar, Board of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) - Pending approval.
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP) - CFP Board-Registered CE Sponsor; Course approved
- NC Department of Insurance (11 NCAC 06A.0809) (ICEC) - Provider #16187; course #205242.
- ICB/Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) - This program has been approved for 3 (three) credits. This statement should not be viewed as an endorsement of this program or its provider.
- CFRE International (CFRE) - Credit approved.
- NC State Board of CPA Examiners (CPE) is available for self-reported credits - For NC licensed CPAs, this course is intended to meet the requirements of 21 NCAC 08G .0400.
Joel B. Adams Jr. & Associates, Inc.
Adams Hendon Carson Crow & Saenger, PA
Altavista Wealth Management, Inc.
Begley Law Firm, PA
Boys Arnold & Company
Burlingham & Harris, PA
C & C Senior Services, LLC
Colton Groome & Company
R. Walton Davis, III, PA
Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Dixon Hughes Goodman Wealth Advisors, LLC
Doll & Associates Long Term Care Insurance Services
First Citizens Wealth
Gould Killian CPA Group, PA / Altamont Capital Management, LLC
Insurance Service of Asheville
Johnson Price Sprinkle, PA
Krull & Company
McGuire, Wood & Bissette, PA
Patla, Straus, Robinson & Moore, PA
Prince, Youngblood & Massagee, PLLC
Roberts & Stevens, PA
Strauss Attorneys, PA