The Transylvania Endowment (TE) seeks to improve the quality of life in Transylvania County by promoting charitable giving and supporting projects that benefit its communities and residents.
TE provides grants between $2,500 - $8,500 for charitable purposes. At its discretion, the TE Advisory Board may also consider grant requests for greater or lesser amounts. Requests that exhibit the greatest community benefit will be given the highest consideration.
- If an organization other than the applicant will benefit from the grant, then the applicant should include a letter of endorsement from that organization.
- Projects should be completed within one year of receipt of grant funds.
Deadlines and Dates
- Grants are made to qualified 501(c)(3), governmental, educational, and religious organizations serving Transylvania County.
- An eligible organization may only submit one application per year.
What We Do Not Fund
How to Apply
1. Access Community Foundation Staff Assistance
If you would like to discuss your proposal or have questions regarding eligibility, you are welcome to contact Tara Scholtz, Senior Program Officer, by email or at 828-367-9913.
2. Submit a Grant Application
Access the online application process to submit a grant application. For technical assistance with the online grant system, please contact Diane Crisp, Grants Manager, by email or at 828-367-9904. Applicants will be notified by email upon receipt of their application.
3. Review Process
Applications are screened for completeness, clarity, and compliance with eligibility requirements. Grant proposals are evaluated by the Endowment’s Advisory Board, with consideration of the Endowment’s priorities, availability of funds for the stated purposes, applicants’ capabilities, and potential benefits to the community. Funding decisions will be completed, grant awards announced, and funds distributed by the end of March. Use of grant funds may begin on or after April 1.
An online end-of-grant report verifying use of grant funds and results will be required. Instructions will be included in the grant award letter. Additional reports or site visits may also be required.
The Endowment’s Advisory Board may modify these guidelines, or make exceptions to them, in consultation with the staff of The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina.
For additional information, visit Recent Grants.