The Transylvania Endowment seeks to improve the quality of life in Transylvania County by promoting charitable giving and supporting projects that benefit its communities and residents.
The Transylvania Endowment provides grants between $2,500 - $7,000 for charitable purposes. Requests that exhibit the greatest community benefit will be given the highest consideration.
- If an organization other than the applicant will benefit from the grant, then the applicant should include a letter of endorsement from that organization.
- Grant funds should be expended within one year of the award.
Deadlines and Dates
- Grants are made to qualified 501(c)(3), governmental, educational, and religious organizations serving Transylvania County.
- An eligible organization may only submit one application per year.
What We Do Not Fund
How to Apply
1. Access Community Foundation Staff Assistance
If you would like to discuss your proposal or have questions regarding eligibility, contact Tara Scholtz, Senior Program Officer, by email or at 828-367-9913.
2. Submit a Grant Application
Begin the online application process to submit a grant application. For technical assistance with the online grant system, please contact Diane Crisp, Senior Grants Manager, by email or at 828-367-9904. The online system notifies applicants by email upon receipt of their application.
3. Review Process
Staff screens applications for completeness, clarity, and compliance with eligibility requirements. The Endowment’s advisory committee evaluates grant applications, taking into consideration the Endowment’s priorities, availability of funds for the stated purposes, applicants’ capabilities, and potential benefits to the community. Funding decisions will be completed, grant awards announced, and funds distributed by the end of March. Use of grant funds may begin on or after April 1.
Applicants must submit an online end-of-grant report verifying use of grant funds and results. Instructions will be included in the grant award letter. We may also require additional reports or site visits.
The Endowment’s advisory committee may modify these guidelines, or make exceptions to them, in consultation with the staff of The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina.
For additional information, visit Recent Grants.