Andrew Reichman's parents were immigrants who moved to Andrews, North Carolina, to start an egg farm after World War II. The family business succeeded, and Andrew Reichman and his daughters decided to open the Reichman Scholarship Fund to support the community that enabled their business to grow. Mr. Reichman recognizes the value of an education. Through this scholarship he hopes to honor his parents and sister and provide the students of Andrews an opportunity to pursue their dreams and attend any school in the UNC system.
$5,000 renewable for 3 more years
Number Of Awards
Jan. 20, 2023
The Reichman Scholarship Fund provides scholarship awards to students of Andrews High School in Cherokee County, North Carolina. Applicants must plan to attend a school in the University of North Carolina system or the North Carolina Community College System and transfer to an eligible four-year institution.
CFWNC ensures that all scholarship recipients are selected on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis and that selections are based on specific guidelines and criteria for each fund.
- Andrews High school senior eligible for graduation
- Recipient must plan to attend an institution in the University of North Carolina system or the two-year North Carolina Community College system and transfer to to an eligible four-year institution
- Financial need must be demonstrated by applicant
- Academic performance
- Active participation in extracurricular activities in the community or at school
- Demonstrated leadership and service ethic
To apply, students must complete an application online. The application, with required attachments, must be submitted online on or before the deadline. Click here to apply.
The scholarship program is administered by The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina. Please direct any questions about this scholarship to the Foundation's Scholarship Officer, Lezette Parks, at firstname.lastname@example.org.