Emergency and Disaster Response Fund
CFWNC’s Emergency and Disaster Response Fund (EDRF) is supporting nonprofit organizations serving individuals and families whose needs have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Through this fund, CFWNC, regional funding partners, businesses and individuals are joining together to quickly provide effective and flexible resources for immediate and urgent needs.
Do you want to help?
This is a critical time for so many, including the nonprofit organizations who have benefited from your giving in the past. If it is possible, please continue to give to organizations you regularly support and to those who need your help at this crucial time. If you want to be part of getting targeted resources into the community and across the region to where it’s needed most, your gift in any amount to the EDRF Fund will help.
Ways to give
- Online via credit card: choose “Emergency and Disaster Response Fund” from the pull down fund menu.
- From your fund at CFWNC: log in to DonorCentral or contact Spencer Butler.
- From your donor advised fund at a financial institution or elsewhere: recommend a grant to The Community Foundation of Western NC for “disaster response”; CFWNC’s EIN is 56-1223384.
- By check; checks should be made payable to “CFWNC” and note “Response Fund” in the memo line. Mail to 4 Vanderbilt Park Drive, Suite 300, Asheville NC 28803.
- To give using stock, mutual funds or a direct transfer from your IRA, contact us at 828-367-9905 or by email for assistance.
AMY Wellness Foundation
Biltmore Lake Charitable Fund of The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina
Nantahala Health Foundation
Pisgah Health Foundation
Ramble Charitable Fund of The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina
Gifts from CFWNC Funds
Barrager Family Fund
Hal and Leslie Berry Charitable Fund
Samsel Architects, P.A. Fund
Matthew Terrence Lee One Love Fund
Gifts from Individuals
The Brazas Family
Ms. Havely Carsky
Mr. and Mrs. Mike Comer
Jennie Eblen, in honor of Women for Women
Mr. and Mrs. Michael Fields
Mr. David M. Greiner and Mr. James Gray
Louise (Luisita) Haas, in honor of Women for Women
Lynn Harmon, in honor of Women for Women
Ms. Lyndi Hewitt
Mr. Richard A. Kark
Mr. Joseph Lewis
Ms. Sylvia Organ
Ms. Kerri Ressmeyer
Ms. Katherine Schofield
Ms. Martine Stolk
Mr. Jon Wilson
R. Walton Davis, III, P.A.
Deutsch & Gottschalk, P.A.
Garlock & McKinney, PC & Fidelicare, Inc.
Gilreath Shealy Law, PLLC
Goldsmith Molis Gray, PLLC
Gould Killian CPA Group, P.A. / Altamont Capital Management, LLC
Little and Lattimore, P.A.
Patla, Straus, Robinson & Moore, P.A.
The Satori Group, Ltd.
Strauss Attorneys, PLLC
Ward and Smith, P.A.
Emergency and Disaster Response Fund Grant Criteria and Application Instructions