The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, founded in 1978, is a public charity with a mission to expand philanthropy in the eighteen counties of Western North Carolina, including the Qualla Boundary. The Foundation manages charitable funds for individuals, corporations and charitable organizations, and makes grants toward the region’s pressing needs and promising opportunities.
II. Position Description
The Office Administrator is a highly visible and responsible position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of the Foundation’s office and must be efficient, organized and capable of exercising independent judgment and action. This position provides some administrative support to the President. This is an in-person position and successful candidates will live in or relocate to Western North Carolina.
- Personally greets visitors to the office and directs to staff members or meeting rooms as appropriate.
- Answers phone calls to Foundation's main line and directs calls accordingly.
- Coordinates phone/reception coverage as needed.
- Manages arrangements and preparations for meetings and general office events.
- Handles reservations, correspondence and rental payments for use of the Community Room.
- Monitors incoming faxed documents and emails to the CFWNC general email address and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Prepares outgoing mail to comply with postal regulations and pickup schedule, manages distribution of incoming mail and deliveries.
- Coordinates and directs administrative support functions for office.
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures for filing, ordering of supplies, maintenance of records, and other office functions to ensure efficient administration and delivery of Foundation services.
- In conjunction with IT Director, oversees proper maintenance of office equipment, recommends equipment purchases and upgrades to ensure efficient office operations and arranges training of staff on use of equipment.
- Oversees printed document security procedures.
- Maintains petty cash box and related accounting records.
- Maintains postage meter, ensuring adequate postage for anticipated mailing needs.
- Oversees order and organization of storerooms and workrooms.
- Maintains stock of office/kitchen/restroom supplies; purchases or orders as needed.
- Acts as liaison to property management for housekeeping and maintenance issues.
- Runs errands outside of the office.
- Maintains CFWNC Info Outlook Calendar.
- Coordinates staff duties.
- Helps plan staff events and celebrations.
- Prepares lists, reports, mailing labels and nametags as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV. Desired Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of three years administrative support or other relevant experience.
- Professional manner in person and on telephone, ability to work with all types of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all Foundation matters, commitment to the Foundation's goals and mission.
- Excellent computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate, able to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and think independently.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and volunteers.
- Flexibility; able to adjust activities and priorities and take on new responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality work, continuous improvement, and accountability.
- As with all CFWNC staff, assume responsibilities necessary to meet CFWNC’s strategic goals.
V. Physical Requirements
Ability to lift and carry objects of at least 15 pounds and up to 50 pounds in weight, occasionally lifting overhead. Job duties require approximately 85% sitting/typing, and 15% standing/walking. Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished.
Salary range for this position is $35,000 - $37,000. Foundation employees participate in a Paid Time Off accrual system initially equivalent to 25 days off per year representing vacation and sick time, plus 7 additional paid holidays. CFWNC offers participation in group health, dental, vision and retirement plans to eligible employees. All CFWNC employees are subject to a criminal background check. CFWNC is an equal-opportunity employer.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and that the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Interested individuals should send cover letter expressing interest and current resume to Julie Klipp, Chief Operating Officer, CFWNC via email by June 1, 2021.