The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, founded in 1978, is a public charity with a mission to expand philanthropy in the eighteen counties of Western North Carolina including the Qualla Boundary. The Foundation manages charitable funds for individuals, corporations and charitable organizations, and makes grants toward the region’s pressing needs and promising opportunities.
The Development Associate provides administrative support to the Development Department, including the Vice President and Senior Development Officer. This position reports to the Vice President, Development.
- Perform administrative tasks including work related to regional affiliates, board committees and donors.
- Maintain calendars, schedules, appointments and confirmations. Contact donors, prospects and professional advisors as needed or requested.
- Create fund correspondence and files, including new fund set-up.
- Prepare other correspondence, lists, reports, presentations, mailings and nametags.
- Coordinate on- and off-site development and professional advisor events (meetings, workshops, special events). Assist with planning, invitations, program, printing, site logistics, registration and follow-up.
- Maintain RSVP or attendance lists for meetings and special events.
- Prepare donor / prospect meeting profiles including research and giving histories.
- Scan, copy and file documents.
- Coordinate phone / reception coverage with Office Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional assignments prior to or after standard 9am – 5pm office hours.
Electronic Platforms: CSuite (Foundant) Database, Outlook, Constant Contact, GiftLaw, EventBrite, Craft (CFWNC website CMS)
- Provide data entry and update for development, donor, affiliate and professional advisor constituencies.
- Manage constituent and platform email lists, including bounced/returned/undeliverable email, opt-outs, and address updates.
- Create, generate, edit and prepare multi-step reports.
- Maintain integrity of database coding protocols; test, update and correct record coding.
- Update specific elements on website and secured affiliate sites as scheduled and/or requested.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position; duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Desired Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- College degree or equivalent and three or more years of office-based administrative work experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Relational database experience required (e.g. Microsoft Access, SalesForce, Raiser’s Edge).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and editing skills.
- High level of energy; proactive, self-starter with a strong sense of ownership; ability to complete assignments independently, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work cooperatively with coworkers and constituents.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with strict attention to detail; ability to balance a variety of activities and priorities and organize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility; able to adjust activities and priorities and take on new responsibilities.
- Commitment to the Foundation's goals and mission.
Ability to lift and carry objects of at least 15 pounds and up to 50 pounds in weight, occasionally lifting overhead. Ability to drive an automobile for up to three consecutive hours at a time. Job duties require approximately 85% sitting/typing, and 15% standing/walking. Physical requirements will vary depending upon specific assigned duties.
Starting salary range for this position is $40,000 - $42,000. Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience with an annual performance and salary review. Foundation employees participate in a Paid Time Off accrual system initially equivalent to 25 days off per year representing vacation and sick time, plus 7 additional paid holidays. CFWNC offers participation in group health, dental, vision and retirement plans to eligible employees. All CFWNC employees are subject to a criminal background check. CFWNC is an equal-opportunity employer.
We encourage applications from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. CFWNC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment opportunities at the Foundation are available to qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, veteran’s status, sexual orientation or marital status. All CFWNC employees are subject to a criminal background check.
Interested individuals should send cover letter expressing interest and current resume to Elizabeth Brazas, President, CFWNC via email@example.com by August 9, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.